Saturday, April 30, 2011

4/30/11 - Losing count of days. :)

Things are going pretty well! I think I have gotten the "hot leg" issue under control. I haven't received the cryo-cuff yet, but a couple days after surgery my acupuncturist gave me some herbs to take. Of course I didn't take them, I just threw them in my purse. I took them out finally and looked at them, and realized that they're for broken bones, inflammation, and swelling - the formula is called Traumanex. I cannot believe how well they worked - within an hour my leg felt pretty normal. The swelling is almost completely gone. I am taking it 3 times a day and am really pleased with how much more comfortable I am.

Being more comfortable is making my rehab go better as well, but I have discovered that doing the bike first thing in the morning is what works best for me. It means I have to get up earlier, and believe me, I do not want to get on a bike within minutes of waking - but the movement gets rid of the stiffness that comes during the night and I find that I am more comfortable the rest of the day. If I put it off until after work, I'm usually already tired at that point - so this is working for me. My hamstring sets and curls are definitely getting better, and my legs don't feel as doughy. I'm doing all of my different leg lifts and glut exercises, plus the baby squats and calf raises. I'm still doing ab and upper body stuff - I got on my Pilates Reformer and did some arm and shoulder work. I just sit on it and leave my legs out of it!

Very glad it's the weekend after a hectic first week back at work - hope you are enjoying yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment