Thursday, May 5, 2011

5/5/11 - Bandage free!

Brace yourself. I got a new phone (yay!) and it has a great camera on it, but I think it makes my skin look downright ghastly. Or maybe it isn't the camera and it really looks that way - yikes. I would get a spray tan but I don't think my little wounds would appreciate it. I got the clear plastic bandage off, and nothing spewed out of it when my physical therapist removed it, to my relief!
The swelling is just a few lumpy areas around my knee, and the scars are healing. I heard to save my money on Mederma and slather it with Burt's Bees and straight up Cocoa Butter instead. So that is what I am doing! I started doing lots of exercises on the ball today, and that was fun but hard. I think I will sleep like a champ tonight.

I am really proud of myself for sticking to the rehab so far - I have not missed a set of exercises or my daily bike time. I know it sounds funny, but I am almost scared to! Knees are important, people. If you bust up the ones you have, you have to take care of them when you get them fixed. Otherwise, what is the point?

This weekend we're going to go watch my aerial class perform at a student showing. I am so excited to see everyone and what they have put together, and am going to try not to be too sad. I'm also coming to terms with the fact that there are going to be a lot of things I'm not going to be able to do again, but so far in this process I am learning to focus on the things that I CAN do- and I'll just have to continue with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment