Monday, April 4, 2011

The Verdict Is In!

I went back to the doctor today, and it was a pretty interesting time. He handed me the report from the radiologist on my MRI, which said that my knee showed as normal. He thinks that scar tissue is appearing to be ligament in the MRI, but from the clinical tests he did the ACL doesn't exist. What was interesting was that my PCL, which when he pulls on it seems pretty sturdy, appears to have a tear. It's also kinked, which was very strange. So he is approaching it as needing to replace both of them, but he'll have to get his eyes on the PCL to decide what to do. He is recommending that we use my hamstring for the ACL, and then cadaver for my PCL if he replaces it. I was a little worried that my hamstrings won't hold, because they are ridiculously stretchy - but he said he would check it out and if they looked wimpy he'll use cadaver. I don't have a personal preference either way - since he does this every day I will just let him do his job. :)

SO, all that being said - why waste time? It's also progressively becoming looser, so next Wednesday, April 13th, is D-Day. I've got a lot to do before then - like build as much muscle as I can so that I'll have more to waste away while I am recovering. 3-6 months for a full recovery - and he said for my aerial stuff it will be more like 6 months.

When I think about that it makes me very sad - but I am so limited right now in what I can do it doesn't really matter. So let's do this so I can get better and back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment