Wednesday, April 27, 2011

2 weeks since surgery - Woo hoo!

2 weeks ago right now I was terrified and having my IV put in my arm, while watching my heartrate skyrocket on a monitor. I was also watching my poor mother-in-law turn green watching my surgeon bend my leg every way possible. Today, I am back to work and happy to be here!

PT is going well - we're working to get the swelling down. It's settling in my calf, ankle and foot - Meghan, my physical therapist, works on it by pushing the swelling back up my leg, which hurts in a nice way. Being back at work and more on my feet is making it swell more - I need to up my game with ice. I returned my machine on Monday - if the swelling continues I might try to find a used one on eBay to buy. Rats - I knew I would miss that thing.


Would you like some coffee with your cankle?
 I am up to 15 minutes on the bike, which I do every day! No resistance yet, but I do get to go a little faster as tolerated. I still do all my leg lift variations, and I got some glut and thigh PureBarre exercises approved by my PT! Just the more linear ones that I can do with a straight leg, but I will take it. I'm also side-stepping to build stability, and squeezing a ball between my thighs. This muscle atrophy thing is just not okay with me. She had me try some bridging this week, but my surgery leg just kept sliding out from under me. So we aren't ready for that one yet, but tomorrow she's going to have me try some baby squats. Emphasis on BABY. I also enjoy chatting with Meghan - besides being a fantastic physical therapist, she's also quite funny.

I will also say that the day I am out of this brace will be a big one. My outfits are definitely not up to the cuteness par that I like to maintain, but it is making me stretch my creativity a bit. Dear GOD I miss high heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment