Saturday, April 16, 2011

4/16/11 - Day 4

Last night was wonderful - got a visit from my buddy Elizabeth, which provided many laughs and definitely lifted my spirits. I also slept really well last night - a solid 8 hours before I woke up for pain meds and new ice! I am also down today to taking only one pill each dose, but since night is still the worst I will probably take 2 at bedtime. I am pleased with that - I want to take them as needed but if I can get away without them I would rather.

I changed the dressing again today and the swelling appears to be down - the bruising is minimal as well, which surprised me. I am crediting the arnica for that - when I first started pole and aerial and looked like I had been beaten, arnica took away swelling and bruising like nothing else. I strongly recommend it. When I unwrapped it today, one of the little pieces of tape on top of the stitches came off and that freaked me out, like my shin would come flying through it. And to think I once wanted to be a doctor.


I am stir crazy today and a little cranky, but I think that's because I can't get out of the house. I am pretty sure I have seen every episode ever of Law and Order, and am hitting new lows in the shows I am watching. I make a pathetic couch potato. But here is the good news: on the CPM, I will hit 90 degrees today. I can do straight leg raises and prone leg hangs without pain. I also did some leg lifts and crunches today, as well as some little tricep dips. Once my hamstring figures out what's going on, it's gonna be so mad. But the more I move around, the better I feel - I'm still taking it easy. I am interested to hear what my surgeon says when I see him next week - I think I'm making good progress but have no idea of what the benchmarks are at this point. Even in ACL recovery, I am competitive. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment