Thursday, April 28, 2011

4/28/11 - Holy Hotness

I have a furnace attached to my body. My left leg, from the knee down, is ROASTING. This is apparently normal and just due to the healing process and increased blood flow. If it was winter, and a family was freezing to death and only had their oven to (dangerously) heat their home, I could market myself to be their new heater. I wish I was kidding! It woke me up last night at 2am, so I iced it again and took more Motrin. It can be a sign of infection, but it really isn't painful, nor do I have a fever or any other symptoms of that.
Maybe the heat will melt off the rest of this permanent marker from the surgeon.

I went to my PT today, and Meghan did some kind of magical massage to break down the inflammation. It feels like a normal leg, which I am excited about. She said I needed to ice more - good thing I found a cryo-cuff on eBay and paid for expedited shipping! Hopefully it will be here by the weekend, because I am going to wear that thing OUT.

PT was great! I got to add some resistance to the bike, and also am adding baby squats, calf raises, and more glut squeezes to the mix. Other than the crazy heat, I'm feeling good about things and looking forward to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment