Tuesday, May 17, 2011

An early surprise...

Today at PT, Meghan worked on the bb of scar tissue under one of the scope scars. I am supposed to be massaging it but when I get aggressive with the tougher tissue, I get nauseous. What a baby! It seriously feels like a bb. She said that one of the scope portals was for the camera (that one looks great!) and then this one is where they did the actual scoping, which leaves tunnels in the tissue. The little tunnels fill in with scar tissue, and the more superficial part that I can feel happens to feel like a bb. Now I feel extra nauseous.

I did lots of squats on the mini-trampoline, and that was a lot better! Much more stable than when I first tried it. I also did some little stair steps - stepping up is easier than stepping down. That makes it quiver, so I will practice that on a coffee table book at home. Now, for the big surprise...

I am unlocked to 30 degrees! It feels so nice to have the stability of the brace but be able to bend my knee enough to walk. This way, I can practice normalizing my gait and not walk like a caveman. It sounds so little but I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment