Thursday, May 12, 2011

2nd post op visit with the surgeon - 5/12/11

I started my day with a 6am PT appointment with Meghan, and she did all my strength testing and flexion/extension measurements. From when I started, we have made great progress!
Current Extension - 2 degrees hyperextended, previous was 0 degrees (right leg is 5 degrees - we don't want that much!)
Current Flexion - 139 degrees flexion, previous was 94 degrees (right leg is 145 degrees)

She's also pleased with how much stability has progressed -that will continue to be my focus. She had me start doing squats on a mini-trampoline today - my knee just quivers away, so we have some work to do there!

My next set of short term (6-8 weeks) goals are:
1) To return to PureBarre classes with minimal modifications needed (YIPPEE!!!)
2) To be back in high heels

At least I know where my priorities are. She sent me to my visit to my surgeon with all of my reports. He is happy with the way things are going and said everything looks great, the graft is not torn, and he is glad that I am paranoid. I still have to wear the brace, but I can take it off to sleep and in 2-3 weeks, he said he'll have Meghan start teaching me to walk with the brace unlocked. My gait is pretty off from walking in the locked brace - I'm not bending my knee enough and it's straining my hip.  He had brought in a doctor in training to feel my freaky joints - they really have a good time with them there. I am glad to entertain! He also said the scars look great and he said that the cocoa butter was the best thing out there for them! Check it out - they are looking better.


I will see the surgeon in another month and hopefully we will be in even better shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment