Saturday, June 4, 2011

7.5 weeks....

I'm getting to the point where I am feeling a little more back to normal - even though that usually leads to some icing and ibuprofen! I'm doing 20-21 minutes on the bike each day and more squats and bridging than you could imagine. I feel like my hamstring is slowly coming around - but my quad is still very atrophied. The intermittent swelling is to blame for that - Meghan said that it keeps it from firing correctly. So I will keep icing it up!

My brace is now unlocked so I can bend it to 90 degrees! I am able to go up and down stairs pretty well, which is exciting to me. I was in the stairwell at work yesterday, grinning like a fool, and some people in my building were like, why are you taking the stairs?? And why are you so excited about it?

I've been doing lots of stability work on discs and balancing on one leg - my rehab will step down to twice a week. I see the surgeon on 6/13 and am really hoping to get out of the brace. But in the meantime, here is the really big news - next Wednesday, I will get to try a PureBarre class. I'll have to modify a lot of things, especially if there is kneeling involved in the exercises, but I don't care. I will be so happy to be back in a class! If it goes well, I can do the 6am class during the week on my off days from rehab. Back to the burn - I love it.

I went shopping today at the outlet mall and bought some summer clothes, shorts and tees and stuff. I even bought a little romper - I am very excited about it - it's so Three's Company. Come and knock on my door! It's awesome to be out and about again, and to be feeling better. My new knee rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment