Thursday, July 14, 2011

13 weeks and one day!

Well, I made it past the dreaded 12-week mark! I see my surgeon next week to get checked, but everything is going okay. My hamstring is still really weak but it is getting stronger - just still working on it every day.

I "graduated" from my formal physical therapy program today, so that was kind of exciting. I have really loved it -it's been so good to have goals to work towards to keep me moving. I celebrated by jumping on my post-op leg on the mini-trampoline, jumping on both legs as hard as I could, and (drumroll please!) sitting on my heels! I still have fluid in my knee that makes this really hard for me, but today was a good day and I was able to do it. It felt really good and I was super excited, especially for 6am.

Jeez, I look short in this picture.
So that's it for now! I probably won't update this too much unless there is something exciting to share, but I still have a ways to go! I will start tiny amounts of jogging in two weeks, and will see my PT once every other week. Thank you for reading - this has been and continues to be a journey for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment